AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Pioneer 919 from Newegg, with coupon code it was a great deal
. I have it connected to a Comcast cable box via HDMI 1 and it appeared to work great, however when I turn the receiver off several hours and turn the receiver back on there is no sound or picture, even if I turn the receiver to radio, mess with "Signal Sel", change HDMI input from 1 to 2, nothing seems to bring the sound/picture back, except if I change the HDMI 1 input to send sound directly to the TV (HDMI Through as opposed to HDMI Amp). Then it magically starts to work, plus I can set HDMI back to Amp and also turn the receiver off and back on and it still all works fine, it only seems to do this when it has been off for several hours with the input set to the Cable box as the last setting when it is turned off (if I turn off with the receiver set to say Tuner there are no problems). This is very annoying and I was hoping someone might have a clue as to how to fix this. I can only guess that some kind of sleep timer is messing up the HTCP hand shake between the cable box and the 919.

Thx in advance for any help Tech.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got closer to a fix yesterday, by turning the TV and cable box on first, then the receiver last, seemed to work 9 out of 10 times. However the cable box failed to deliver sound at at one point yesterday, picture only. I had to reset the cable box to get the sound back, so I am fairly sure it's the damn comcast cable box that is causing the bad handshake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.