AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just received my Pioneer VSX 919 and I must say, the setup and MCACC was super quick and easy to setup. I also had no problems hooking up all my components (dishnetwork dvr and ps3) to this receiver. It sounds great with my sub (Energy 8') and my somewhat crappy 50watt in-wall speakers.

Now for the disappointment. This unit boasts its great capabilities with the Ipod interface, and one main reason I bought this receiver was for the multizone capabilities cuppled with the Ipod feature. Low and behold when you read the manual (the manual is deceiving because its the manual for the VSX 1019 with the 919 changes in small italics when needed) it says that the 919 does not support the ipod feature when using the multizone! I was super mad and almost pissed. I am debating if I should return it just because of this and spend more money for the 1019.

My other problem is I cannot figure out to play (if at all possible) music from my ps3 through the multizone (Zone 2). I have yet to even get any sound out of my zone 2 speakers except whenever the MCACC did its calibration and blew sound out trying to see if I had the surround back right and left for 7.1 (the only reason I heard it was because our bedroom isnt far away).

So all in all, I need some help fixing the multizone feature if possible or should i just return it and buy the 1019?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Most of the multizone receivers I've looked at only do multi with analog audio in the extra zone. I don't know if you tried that yet.

So you'd need to run analog audio out of the PS3 to the receiver.

Thanks for bringing up the IPod issue, I was considering this receiver and yeah, not being able to use the Ipod in multizone would be a dealbreaker for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.