AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here been able to compare their 9G Elite Kuro's internal video processing to the processing of a Reon receiver? I am trying to find a receiver to pair up with my TV, and picture quality is paramount. The Reon seems to be the way that most people go for high quality video processing, but I was wondering if I would see any improvement.

I don't want to limit myself to specific brands of receivers that have the chip, if the chip will not help me any. I could focus on other features.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
What sort of processing do you mean? If you're watching Blu Ray, no processing is needed since both the source and the display are the same resolution. With 1080i sources (HDTV shows), the signal must be deinterlaced but the Pioneers do a fine job. With 720p, only simple scaling is required and the Pioneer again does a good job.

The only thing that the Reon might do significantly better is 480i content. If picture quality is paramount, don't watch 480i.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by general23cmp /forum/post/15442460

Anyone here been able to compare their 9G Elite Kuro's internal video processing to the processing of a Reon receiver? I am trying to find a receiver to pair up with my TV, and picture quality is paramount. The Reon seems to be the way that most people go for high quality video processing, but I was wondering if I would see any improvement.

I don't want to limit myself to specific brands of receivers that have the chip, if the chip will not help me any. I could focus on other features.

I have an 8G 'Elite' PDP and my eye on Onkyo's TX-NR906 AVR. I believe most individuals who own an AVR w/video processing support pass through HD signals and the HQV Reon-VX video processing is best suited for up converting SD content.

However, I'm not sure how much better SD can look on a fixed pixel display after passing 480p from a Cable TV provider's STB.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
yep, your best bet is to go source direct to your Kuro.

I have a Lumagen and a Denon 3930 and guess what, both are out of my loop. Save your money and go source direct for everything. That is why I am keeping my pio BD-51, because it will output 480i. But most everything I watch is 1080P so for BD I use my panny BDP-55.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.