AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an SC-57 in Februrary. I've been using iControlAv2 on my Droid X to control the receiver for multiple rooms. You really need to use a tablet or phone for the features on this receiver.

So I just upgraded to a Galaxy S3. The app crashes. I tried the newer just released version iControlAv2012, but it doesn't support the SC-57.

I emailed Pioneer tech suppport.

Their answer just today in an email:

"We have received a response from the engineers. The application was not designed to work with the new operating systems. Unfortunately, Pioneer will not be updating the application to support new phones and operating systems."

So the bottom line is, don't buy any receiver from pioneer if you expect their tablet application to work on newer hardware as it comes out. I have over a hundred apps and every single one works on the S3. The 2 that didn't were updated almost immediately after the S3 was released.

Pioneer should be ashamed. I'm done with them.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Just my opinion..

But for the long run for smart phone and tablets, Apple is what you want to go with..

Their IOS goes across all their platforms..

Just my $0.02..

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Upgrading to iOS 8 causes the same problem!

The problem is not the iOS its Pioneer...
As of September 4th, the home theater division have been sold to Onkyo.
Going forward support for Pioneer home products is questionable..

Just my $0.02.. ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
The problem is not the iOS its Pioneer...
As of September 4th, the home theater division have been sold to Onkyo.
Going forward support for Pioneer home products is questionable..

Just my $0.02.. ;)
Ok, since I am not up on receivers... what would anyone recommend that would replace the 1021 and give me IOS remote??

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
works fine on my moto G with android 4.4.4 tried both 2012 and 2013 version. don't have pioneer AVR but the apps load up. Don't change to ios LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts