Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy1
Guess they haven't been by the Toshiba booth. :D
"Pioneer's new BDP-HD1 Blu-ray Disc player is designed to deliver 1920 x 1080p output"

Guess Toshiba hasn't been by Pioneer's booth :D

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Last I read, a few months back, is that it will take till next Christmas for the prices to come down to around an average $1,000

I think it's more likely that it's going to be the Chicken n' Egg question:

Large selection of Pre-recorded Disk's not coming out till more Players are sold.

vs.

Prices lowered for the Player because there's a wide selection of Pre-recorded Disc's raising demand.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
This thing sounds tasty. Networking, backwards compatability, I want one!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yeah, some will drop nearly $2K on the Pioneer. Me, I would get a good scaler and a player in the 3 figure bracket. That way, everything could be 1080p when my display is ready, instead of just the disc output.

As an aside, hopefully, the Pioneer won't use Pioneer MPEG decoders. ;) Seriously, I had a DV-09, and although it was the most beautifully-built player I ever saw, I think we all know about it's decoder's issues. It couldn't hold a PQ candle to my $299.00 Panasonic RP-82. Not that this one won't be a giant killer, and really I am looking forward to seeing it.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
This is an "Elite" model, which is usually priced higher than the rest of their line. There's also a bunch more CE manufacturers with no announcements yet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Weird. It looks like it's missing SACD and DVD-Audio, which are in the other Pioneer Elite DVD players.

I wonder how they will transmit audio? Over HDMI? The other elite models used to transmit audio over Firewire...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Quote:
I wonder if Pioneer knows that the PS3 will do the same thing for under $500.00.

Idiots.
Really? The PS3 does the same thing? I doubt it. Oh of course it'll 'play' blue-ray discs, but if by play they mean the same quality as the PS2 'played' dvd's then I'll wait for a dedicated blueray player in the $400 or so range.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
kjack,

Since your site says:
Quote:
The SMP8630 family provides highly-integrated solutions for products requiring high-definition MPEG-4.10 (H.264), VC-1, WMV9, MPEG-4.2 and MPEG-2 decoding.The Secure Media Processor architecture offers advanced content protection, supporting a wide variety of Digital Rights Management (DRM) and Conditional Access (CA) solutions.
Does that mean that this player can playback WMV-HD discs? That would be a nice bonus.

Thank you for participating in our forum. I suspect you already have the latest-model flamesuit, judging by the number of posts you have made. Some people around here don't understand the phrase "Looking a gift horse in the mouth." :D

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozumder
Weird. It looks like it's missing SACD and DVD-Audio, which are in the other Pioneer Elite DVD players.

I wonder how they will transmit audio? Over HDMI? The other elite models used to transmit audio over Firewire...
HDMI is used to handle the new audio codecs, and there is the option of converting it to DD to go out SPDIF.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy1
Does that mean that this player can playback WMV-HD discs? That would be a nice bonus.
Don't know - that would be up to Pioneer.

Quote:
Thank you for participating in our forum. I suspect you already have the latest-model flamesuit, judging by the number of posts you have made. Some people around here don't understand the phrase "Looking a gift horse in the mouth." :D
Thanks. I usually hang out on the other major thread here about the format war, but manage to stay out of the flames. :)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozumder

This is making me curious now. If these players do not have FireWire outs for AUDIO - then what's really the point of buying a receiver for significantly more to get these Firewire (Audio only) inputs? :eek:

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Quote:
This is making me curious now. If these players do not have FireWire outs for AUDIO - then what's really the point of buying a receiver for significantly more to get these Firewire (Audio only) inputs?
There really isn't. Firewire was sort of an interim solution until issues were worked out with audio over HDMI.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdtv
There really isn't. Firewire was sort of an interim solution until issues were worked out with audio over HDMI.
What HAS used (audio only) FireWire? With Yamaha, Denon, Marantz, and quite a few others putting this on their newest models, you'd think there'd be some support for it.

AV FireWire is still good though - correct? This is what my DVHS uses, and I guess recordable Blu-Ray/HD-DVD will use these also? I wonder why AV receiver manufacturers aren't incorporating this type of FireWire instead..

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like it. BUT, it has no DOlby true/or Dolby D plus, and it's too new yet! I will wait until the cost lowers and more friendly features such as above are added. we all knew Dolby HD audio, but DTS HD is new to me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
 http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...805824,00.html

HD Audio

To complement the high-resolution picture capability, the BDP-HD1 reproduces new high-resolution audio formats: DTS-HD and Dolby Digital for a complete HD entertainment experience. Those with a large library of digital music files will be glad to know that the BDP-HD1 can playback compressed music files WMA (DRM compatible) and MP3, as well as LPCM.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.