AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pioneer SC-1222K amp and I have noticed recently that there is a small crackle in the background during certain passages...acoustic guitar, vocals, that I've never heard before. Has my amp gone bad? It's not extremely noticable, but if you listen close enough you can hear it. This is from playing FLAC files from my computer and through streaming SiruisXM, digital sources

I recently hooked up a turn table to one of the RCA connections. I don't think I had it grounded properly . I started noticing the crackling after I connected the turntable. I soon after disconnected the turntable. Could this have damaged my receiver?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have a Pioneer SC-1222K amp and I have noticed recently that there is a small crackle in the background during certain passages...acoustic guitar, vocals, that I've never heard before. Has my amp gone bad? It's not extremely noticable, but if you listen close enough you can hear it. This is from playing FLAC files from my computer and through streaming SiruisXM, digital sources

I recently hooked up a turn table to one of the RCA connections. I don't think I had it grounded properly . I started noticing the crackling after I connected the turntable. I soon after disconnected the turntable. Could this have damaged my receiver?

Try listening in 2 channel stereo, and other listening modes and see if crackle is present in all formats.

Try different sources, is it there when you are watching blu-ray, TV, or just XM?

I have an HK and when listening to a 2 channel source that the avr is splitting to 5 (logic 7 for HK) I hear a little dispertion/distortion in the tweeter at close range, when I sit in my main listening position it blends and sounds fine. But when I switch to 2 channel it is clear.

If it is not coming through all speakers, it way be a speaker issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts