AVS Forum banner
  • Get an exclusive sneak peek into our new project. >>> Click Here
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Pioneer AVS-1019AH, PS3 and High Def Projector w/Component only

833 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Halichopter
I bought the Pioneer AVS1019AH today but am having trouble getting HD video display (I can get low definition video). I have an older 'component only' Sony LCD projector as my TV. I have a Sony PS3 as my BD DVD player and a Hughes DirecTV TiVo HD DVR as input sources. The Sony should be able to output the new uncompressed HD audio channels.

However the Pioneer manual states that I can't connect to my HDMI input sources if I'm outputting to my component TV. Is this true? It says I 'might' be able to use HDMI for the audio.

If so, how can I get HD audio from my PS3 while at the same time, output component video from the same PS3 (via the separate PS3 component cable).

In fact any advice on PS3 and the Pioneer would be appreciated, especially for TVs that can only input component.

Thanks.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Your assumption is probably correct - any video coming over HDMI won't be outputted on component. Read your manual, and more specifically the flowchart showing how the receiver upconverts. It probably only downconverts along analog paths - not from HDMI to analog. Pretty typical of receivers to operate this way.

You can still use HDMI for audio in. Just go into your setup screen and pair up your audio source to the video source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead90 /forum/post/16818666

Your assumption is probably correct - any video coming over HDMI won't be outputted on component. Read your manual, and more specifically the flowchart showing how the receiver upconverts. It probably only downconverts along analog paths - not from HDMI to analog. Pretty typical of receivers to operate this way.

You can still use HDMI for audio in. Just go into your setup screen and pair up your audio source to the video source.

Thanks. I am having some difficulty navigating the manual. There is a flow chart?

So I need to go to the Pioneer setup screen or the PS3 or both to pair the audio/video source. It seems like both must be done.
You need to plug the HDMI from your PS3 to your receiver's BD HDMI input.

The component from your PS3 directly to your TV.

Then switch your receiver to BD, and your TV to the component video input.

This is what I am doing with my pioneer 919 and the Sony S350 bd player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBowl /forum/post/16835492

You need to plug the HDMI from your PS3 to your receiver's BD HDMI input.

The component from your PS3 directly to your TV.

Then switch your receiver to BD, and your TV to the component video input.

This is what I am doing with my pioneer 919 and the Sony S350 bd player.

Thanks. It worked. Part of my problem was the PS3s method of setting component. It first asks for a decision on component and then resolution. I was switching cables before I got to the resolution question.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.