AVS Forum banner

941 - 960 of 1869 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdyd /forum/post/21225166

yes, i think it was pretty clear from Chris and from testing, that you need a wireless bridge and the only way to talk to the sc-55/57 on a network is through its ethernet port

unlike previous blue ray players which could use a USB wifi adaptor like the AS-WL200

the reason the AS-WL300 connects to the ethernet and USB is that the USB supplies power.

page 23

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ions102811.pdf

there was some very slim hope that a USB dongle might work, even though Chris said it wouldn't, since the meditek 8555 chip set claims to have support for ethernet - although that feature would have to be enabled and would require some degree of software support

true...

so what`s the cheapest option that will work?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've been using one of those power outlet ethernet devices. So I have a powerline plugged into the wall and ethernet to my hub where I have about 5 a/v devices plugged in. Another powerline adapter in my server room with ethernet to my router. Works really well, my wifi has been very flaky, so I prefer ethernet and this option meant I didn't have to run rj45 jacks through the walls.

·
Registered
386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdyd /forum/post/21225369

a roll of cat 5 ethernet cable and two RJ45 connectors

I see...

I meant what`s the cheapest option besides employing ethernet cable connected to the same router in which is plugged another ethernet cable from my VSX-1120...this combination is a reason of the AVR dropouts...

I want to have the player online until the AVR dropouts are fixed (if ever)

but I don`t want to pay 100 EUR for some wirelless bridge...the player cost 214 EUR itself...

my USB wifi dongle didn`t work...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I just installed my BDP-53FD. The BDP-53FD adds two HDMI outputs for separate video and audio with Pure Audio mode, Marvell video processing which eliminates 480i mode, DTS downmix, an extra blue light, and a heavier base. SACD can be output as DSD bitstream or PCM at 88.2 KHz. You need to aim the remote precisely in order for it to work correctly. The disc mechanism might be a little quieter than the BDP-52FD. In case you're wondering, I am keeping the BDP-53FD because of the MediaTek MT8555, Pioneer's PQLS, and the Marvell video processing. Who knows what might get added as new firmware updates are released. Even if nothing gets added, I'm happy with the combination of the MT8555, PQLS, and Marvell.

·
Registered
715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleholeho /forum/post/21226617

I see...

I meant what`s the cheapest option besides employing ethernet cable connected to the same router in which is plugged another ethernet cable from my VSX-1120...this combination is a reason of the AVR dropouts......

we don't know what message is coming out of the the BDP-440 that makes the VSX-1120

if it is an ethernet message than simply going to a wireless bridge will NOT help you out as that message will still get to the VSX-1120

the only thing I can think of is that you would need to put one or the other behind a router and disable UPnP forwarding - and that assumes it is a UPnP message that is causing the problem

however, doing that will create issues if you want both player and receiver to see the same DLNA server

however, what i would want to do first is put the VSX-1120 and BDP-440 on an ethernet hub with nothing else and capture all the traffic with an ethernet packet sniffer up until the VSX-1120 recycled

in summary, i don't think the wireless bridge is the answer to your problem

it is either going to be Pioneer issuing a fix or for you to take it upon yourself and find out what the offending message is and probably getting a router to keep it from getting to the VSX-1120

David

·
Registered
386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C /forum/post/21226715

I just installed my BDP-53FD. The BDP-53FD adds two HDMI outputs for separate video and audio with Pure Audio mode, Marvell video processing which eliminates 480i mode, DTS downmix, an extra blue light, and a heavier base. SACD can be output as DSD bitstream or PCM at 88.2 KHz. You need to aim the remote precisely in order for it to work correctly. The disc mechanism might be a little quieter than the BDP-52FD. In case you're wondering, I am keeping the BDP-53FD because of the MediaTek MT8555, Pioneer's PQLS, and the Marvell video processing. Who knows what might get added as new firmware updates are released. Even if nothing gets added, I'm happy with the combination of the MT8555, PQLS, and Marvell.

damn remote sensor...unbelievable

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdyd /forum/post/21226863

we don't know what message is coming out of the the BDP-440 that makes the VSX-1120

if it is an ethernet message than simply going to a wireless bridge will NOT help you out as that message will still get to the VSX-1120

the only thing I can think of is that you would need to put one or the other behind a router and disable UPnP forwarding - and that assumes it is a UPnP message that is causing the problem

however, doing that will create issues if you want both player and receiver to see the same DLNA server

however, what i would want to do first is put the VSX-1120 and BDP-440 on an ethernet hub with nothing else and capture all the traffic with an ethernet packet sniffer up until the VSX-1120 recycled

in summary, i don't think the wireless bridge is the answer to your problem

it is either going to be Pioneer issuing a fix or for you to take it upon yourself and find out what the offending message is and probably getting a router to keep it from getting to the VSX-1120

David

Thanks a lot for explanation...my brother in law who is a programmer and could certainly help me with what you said lives in Prague and doesn`t come over much often...I guess I`ll wait a little bit for Chris Walker`s response (who hopefully will be able to say something essential on this issue) or I`ll be forced to get the right equipment and troubleshoot it myself

I was almost decided to pass over for Denon AVR 2312 (very good price) + DBP1611, as users in another thread confirmed playback of what I need but I refuse to pay twice the BDP-440s price...though I can`t see any special difference on these players...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just got my 53FD tonight. Everything seems to be fine except the network connection. It can acquire the IP address via DHCP but the intetnet connection test failed. I can ping the unit with anoter computer that is on the same subnet. But the unit cannot goto the internet. I have checked the information page. It seems the IP address/getway/DNS server are all fine. More over the unit will hang after a while. It will not respond to any command on the remote. Pressing the keys on the front panel does not work either. I have to power cycle the unit by unplugging it.

If I do not plug it into the network, everything seems to be fine. Play out bluray/CD/SACD are all working fine.

I am very frustrated. Anybody have tested the 53FD network functionality?

I have checked there is no firmware update yet.

·
Registered
386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unidisk /forum/post/21227023

Just got my 53FD tonight. Everything seems to be fine except the network connection. It can acquire the IP address via DHCP but the intetnet connection test failed. I can ping the unit with anoter computer that is on the same subnet. But the unit cannot goto the internet. I have checked the information page. It seems the IP address/getway/DNS server are all fine. More over the unit will hang after a while. It will not respond to any command on the remote. Pressing the keys on the front panel does not work either. I have to power cycle the unit by unplugging it.

If I do not plug it into the network, everything seems to be fine. Play out bluray/CD/SACD are all working fine.

I am very frustrated. Anybody have tested the 53FD network functionality?

I have checked there is no firmware update yet.

Oops...looks like our LAN issue is bigger than we thought

Pioneer got serious work to do unless they want customers to completely boycott their products...

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleholeho /forum/post/21227437

Oops...looks like our LAN issue is bigger than we thought

Pioneer got serious work to do unless they want customers to completely boycott their products...

have you disconnecting the player from the mains socket and plugging it back in an than tried again?

This type of problem used to happen with my Denon 4010ud everytime i tried updating the firmware. I only connected it to the internet when firmware was available.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I still fighting with the network issue with unit. Spent the whole night trying to find out why my the unit freezes from time to time. It turns out that my local network traffic will crash the box. Now I need to find out what type of the traffic actually causes it. I have to disconnect my network device one by one to see.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Menu overlay is identical with the BDP-440 except for the advanced Video adjust options.

it`s nice to see availability of adjusting video parameter while on playback..I do hope they bring it for BDP-440, too

and yes, both 1080p MKV and ext. HDD are playable on my BDP-440 (NTFS, no exFAT)...I`m guessing BDP-LX55/53FD must be the same...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Another good thing, it plays ripped SACD (copies) with no problem.I burn about 20 SACD they all play fine. My friend have Marantz universal player, his player couldn't recognize this disks.

·
Registered
715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofreak64 /forum/post/0

Another good thing, it plays ripped SACD (copies) with no problem.I burn about 20 SACD they all play fine. My friend have Marantz universal player, his player couldn't recognize this disks.

Sacd Iso image on a hard disk? Bdp -440?

Ok I see you said "burned" so I presume on a cd

941 - 960 of 1869 Posts