AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm trying to decide on a pair of rear speakers obviously between the bs21s and monitor 40s. I've read many pages on that pioneer line of speaker and noticed how great people think they are. And i'm not sure if I should go with the polks just because they have the extra woofer..

The application is mainly music and loud is good.

My mains are monitor 60s and I have a pioneer sp-c21 center for some reason haha

What do you guys think?

Thanks

·
Registered
29,191 Posts
I think you need to replace your Pioneer center with a Polk CS2 if you plan to keep your Monitor 60's. It is important to timbre match your front three speakers.

If you're just looking for surround speakers, get the Polk Monitor 30's. They'll be easier to wall mount if you plan to do so. If purely music then go with the Monitor 40s. They'll play louder than the Pioneer BS21 too.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/0

I think you need to replace your Pioneer center with a Polk CS2 if you plan to keep your Monitor 60's. It is important to timbre match your front three speakers.

If you're just looking for surround speakers, get the Polk Monitor 30's. They'll be easier to wall mount if you plan to do so. If purely music then go with the Monitor 40s. They'll play louder than the Pioneer BS21 too.

x2

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I plan on changing the center speaker.. Don't worry. I noticed the 40s dont have mounting hooks.. Is it possible for me to just pray, drill and install my own hooks? Or is there a specific spot is should stay away from?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jterp7 /forum/post/20796852

i wasn't too impressed with the pioneers personally...seemed to be less detail than the polks

Im honestly not very sure what people mean when they say "speakers lack detail" could someone please explain what this means?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts