AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Bs21 are currently available for ~60 should i go for those or should i wait for the bs22 to drop down to ~90

is there a significant improvement from the bs21 to the bs22?

any other speakers in the ~100 price range y'all can recommend

any input on the Teac LS-H265

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I find there is a signifigant improvement. I was not a fan od the BS21's at all. But the BS22's were quite pleasing and speakers I could live with if I had too

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
In comparison, I found the 22 to be brighter, and it perhaps goes a bit lower. I found them similar in the midband.

I actually find the 22 to be a bit too tipped up to my liking, and the measurements do show a gradual rise from the midrange to the treble.

Here is the Stereophile review of the 22, in which they include the 21 in their comparisons.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/pioneer-sp-bs22-lr-loudspeaker

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloydQ  /t/1526868/pioneer-bs21-vs-pioneer-bs22#post_24596655

@crazyrob425 wat in particular did u not like about the BS21 wen compared to the BS22
The detail of what I was listening to in music was lost. Where with my Polk Monitor 30's i had when I demo'ed the BS21's I could hear every instrument with my Polk Monitor 30's but they were lost with the BS21's. When pioneers first came out I was still recommending the Polk Monitors over them personally. Now that the price of Polk Monitors is up and Pioneers made improvements I find the second generation a hell of a deal.

Sound is subjective, what sounds good to me sounds horrible.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425  /t/1526868/pioneer-bs21-vs-pioneer-bs22#post_24596703

The detail of what I was listening to in music was lost. Where with my Polk Monitor 30's i had when I demo'ed the BS21's I could hear every instrument with my Polk Monitor 30's but they were lost with the BS21's. When pioneers first came out I was still recommending the Polk Monitors over them personally. Now that the price of Polk Monitors is up and Pioneers made improvements I find the second generation a hell of a deal.

Sound is subjective, what sounds good to me sounds horrible.
unfortunately there's no way for me to audition the bs21. Is the inability to hear instruments tht bad on the Bs21?

·
Registered
223 Posts
The 22's by far win, Mr. Jones changed to improve the 21's for purpose. 22's win. Read my other post, you cannot hands down beat the value and performance with the 22's!

Brian in Fresno...

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloydQ  /t/1526868/pioneer-bs21-vs-pioneer-bs22#post_24596801

unfortunately there's no way for me to audition the bs21. Is the inability to hear instruments tht bad on the Bs21?
Yes the bs22's are a better choice by a long shot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts