AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
Just purchased a pioneer cld-d99 on eBay with a bunch of discs. Seller claims unit worked fine for the last two weeks and played about a dozen discs flawlessly. I have unpacked and setup, the cd drawer is okay but the ld platter comes out about a third jams and goes back in. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Sorry. Meant to say comes out about 3/4 the way...
When it opens unplug the unit and see it you can easily pull the drawer out the remainder of the way. Need to see if it is jamming against something. When unplugged you should be able to slide it in and out without it catching on anything. I have seen the CD/LD change arm bent causing a jam before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When it opens unplug the unit and see it you can easily pull the drawer out the remainder of the way. Need to see if it is jamming against something. When unplugged you should be able to slide it in and out without it catching on anything. I have seen the CD/LD change arm bent causing a jam before.
Turned power off but drawer still will not come out all the way

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
This is something that can be fixed. Sometimes if you can get the tray all the way out and do a close /open cycle with the tray out and then re-insert it then it could work properly, this is if a timing issue that will fix it. Otherwise I'll help as I can

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is something that can be fixed. Sometimes if you can get the tray all the way out and do a close /open cycle with the tray out and then re-insert it then it could work properly, this is if a timing issue that will fix it. Otherwise I'll help as I can
Hi Kurtis,
Tried getting tray all the way out unplugged and succeeded this time. Power back on and the tray will go in and out with appearing to jam, however it appears to not come out the last 2" or so, but doesnt appear to be actually jamming. It loads a disc okay and will play but drawer still doesnt seem to come out all the way. Is this a timing issue you mentioned?

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
There is a little tab that sometimes breaks on the bottom of the tray, when it does the tray will not fully come out. So you can use it as is pay for a new tray. The person that sold it probably never saw it come all the way out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.