AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone encounter periodic clicking sounds from wireless headphones like the Pioneer SE-DIR1000 Dolby 5.1 system? Clicks cut off the audio. I've had these for a few years now, and the two NiH AA cells both read 1.2V instead of 1.5V. Use the phones with the 9V battery charger constantly plugged into the phones and transmitter module.

Might try substituting AA alkalines as a test, but not sure about putting no-charge cells into a charging setup. The digital audio source is a SA8300HD cable converter, coax out to a 4:1 Zektor switcher, then over ~9' optical cable to the Pioneer transmitter. Problem develops several times an hour. Thanks for any advice. -- John

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Do they operate at 2.4GHz like most other wireless stuff? Could it be interference from a cordless phone, wireless computer, etc?...heck, my microwave oven interferes with my wireless devices.

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
I suggest trying the fresh alkaline batteries. Just leave the charging cord out of the headphones. If it makes a difference, we've found out something important.

I have the same system and have not heard such clicking unless I walk too far out of IR range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.