AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old panny 42 with native resolution of 480p. I'm looking for a DVD player which can play DivX and Xvid through the USB port and i was wondering which one i should get. The Pioneer is a bit cheaper but as far as video quality goes, would i see a difference?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I think they will be very close in PQ. I tested a Pioneer 410 before I gave it to me dad, and it was right in the mix with my A2 and A35. Can't compare it to a 980 though. From what I've read, A2 and 980 should be very similar though.

If the 400 and 410 are the same PQ wise, which I've heard both the 410 was better and that they were the same, the 400 should be a nice machine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklac /forum/post/14243621

I think they will be very close in PQ. I tested a Pioneer 410 before I gave it to me dad, and it was right in the mix with my A2 and A35. Can't compare it to a 980 though. From what I've read, A2 and 980 should be very similar though.

If the 400 and 410 are the same PQ wise, which I've heard both the 410 was better and that they were the same, the 400 should be a nice machine.

Thanks for the reply Blacklac. CC had a good price on the pioneer 400 but seems like they are sold out now so I'll look elsewhere on the internet for a similar deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts