AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went into my local BB fully intending to buy the 1080p7. After getting the sales guys advice, I picked up the Pioneer instead. Now I'm second guessing. I've seen the raves about Oppo but I'm trying to use a BB Gift Card so that's out.

I'll be hooking it up directly to a Sony KDS-60A2000 through HDMI..

So....Pioneer or Samsung.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Oppo

·
Registered
238 Posts
Anyone know of the quality of the video de-interlacing with Pio Dv-400. I bought the Philips 5982 and found the film de-interlacing and upconversion quite good but that camcorder video looked poor. Line twitter and jaggies galore. 480i through component looked better than all the HDMI progreesive resolutions.

Does the Pio have a better chip than the Philips? What would be the best bet for good quality video playback?

Also, Has anyone noticed that BB is selling the Pio 400v for 30 bucks above list. The Pioneer site has it listed for $99.00. and BB has it selling for $129.99 Oh, but out of the goodness of their mercenary hearts, they will give you thirty dollars worth of gift cards for future purchases. Don't you just love BB, NOT!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Between the two, I'd have to say the DV-400V since I've had bad experiences with Samsung DVD players in the past. I've had no issues whatsoever with my current player, Pioneer DV-588A, however.

The Sony DVP-NS75H is also a good little player.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I've just exchanged the Sammy 1080p7 for the Pio 400V. The Sammy had a problem with upscaling, leaving a line at the bottom of the screen. The Pio doesn't have that issue. Couple of other neat things about the Pio is that it has a USB port right in front and you can load up wmvs and jpegs if you like. Tested it last nite and it works. Also, the info button on the Pio gives you alot more information about the DVD your playing (like time remaining) that the Sammy does not. I like the user interface better on the Pio and the remote. PQ-wise they are very close.....I can't really say I prefer one over the other.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Regarding Prices, recently both are almost tie. (samsung 1080P7 is still a little cheap..)

A good review for Samsung 1080P7 came out from "Canada AM" 8th March.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by louthewiz /forum/post/10626129

Oppo

+1

Use your gift card for something else...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts