AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new DVD-Changer, later will expand this one with another F727, as they will work together in a dual-setup.

Control over 600+ DVD's. Very cool.

But....

I am having Problems reading SVCD's in the darn thing...my Pioneer DV-C505 ( older model, 6-DVD-Changer) will read them just fine.

Am i missing something?

Otherwise i am really happy with the Model.

:)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Deja-vue
Just got my new DVD-Changer, later will expand this one with another F727, as they will work together in a dual-setup.

Control over 600+ DVD's. Very cool.

But....

I am having Problems reading SVCD's in the darn thing...my Pioneer DV-C505 ( older model, 6-DVD-Changer) will read them just fine.

Am i missing something?

Otherwise i am really happy with the Model.

:)
You are not missing anything. They do not work with SVCD's. I have 4 of the DVF07 the Elite 300 disk megachanger. Which is almost the same as the F727 and they don't either. Also note, that the daisy chaining capability does not work via component video, but only SVideo and Composite.

buz

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Info, Buz.

You daisy chained 4 DVD-Changer? I was under the impression, it only works with two...

If that's the Case, i will have to save up some more $$$ to get adsitional 3...:)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Deja-vue
Thanks for the Info, Buz.

You daisy chained 4 DVD-Changer? I was under the impression, it only works with two...

If that's the Case, i will have to save up some more $$$ to get adsitional 3...:)
I don't daisy chain 4. I have the 4 going to an 8 input 2 output component video switchbox. I have the changers controlled via rs232, as well as the switchbox. I take one of the outs from the switchbox, and send that to the DVD component in on my receiver (Denon 5800) where it can be switched amongst other devices. The other output I send to a Component to S-Video transcoder which then gets fed to one input of a 4 input modulator onto a cable channel which gets sent throughout the house. Thus I can watch any DVD in any room throughout the house where I have a cable drop. I have IR pickups in all the rooms which get sent back to where these are stationed for control.

The RS232 is one of the differences between the F07 and The 727 models. I also have a SLinke hooked up to the PC so I can send/receive IR signals to the computer. I have been trying to find some time to write a nice GUI in Java, but I find I am much more interested in watching the RedSox win then writing code when I get home at night.

buz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.