AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone post experience with this setup: firewire from DVD to supporting receiver? Is there a significant improvement over non-digital, etc.? Thanks for any info. I have the 47ai and am wondering if I should sell my Denon Receiver (4802) and move to Pioneer's offering. Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I would recommend you wait until after the manufacturers announce their digital audio link plans in January. Pioneer is first out with the standard iLink interface but I expect others to jump on board in fairly short order. Check out the Denon thread in AVS Guests forum for hints of where Denon is going. B&K is also primed to support the standard in their Ref 50/507 products. While the 49TXi is a very respectable unit and certainly handles your 47Ai's iLink, you owe it to yourself to see what other iLink-enabled products will or will not be available in the near future. Good luck.

Austin

Quote:
Originally posted by jjson
Could someone post experience with this setup: firewire from DVD to supporting receiver? Is there a significant improvement over non-digital, etc.? Thanks for any info. I have the 47ai and am wondering if I should sell my Denon Receiver (4802) and move to Pioneer's offering. Thanks.:confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.