Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I currently own a Pioneer dv-656a. I was wondering if there would be much of a difference in sound and picture quality if I replaced it with an Elite model such as the 59avi or dv47ai ? Thanks.

·
Registered
15,822 Posts
Yes for the 59ai, assuming you have a display with a DVI or HDMI input.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No DVI or HDMI, just component.

·
23,031 Posts
Even with component, given the choice between the 59avi and 47ai, the 59avi is better. The 47ai has a few issues with video, most notably the CUE (chroma upsamling error) bug. I have a 47ai that keep around for "secondary" audio, the video is no longer as good as other players (ignoring the CUE bug).

larry

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would the 59avi be that much different than the 656a in terms of PQ plugged through component ? How about audio wise ?

·
23,031 Posts
The 656a is not a US model, correct? What US model is its peer? If I had to guess, the component video of the two (656a and 59avi) would be closer than the audio (59avi being better). However, in either case, it depends on the rest of your equipment if you'll be able to notice a difference, and if so, how much of a difference.

larry

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper
The 656a is not a US model, correct?
The 656a is a US model as I own one myself. :)

Peace...

·
23,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdkat
The 656a is a US model as I own one myself. :)

Peace...
Ok. :) I did a quick google and the first few links that turned up were not in the US.

larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.