AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know very little about DVD recorders and I'm wondering if anyone thinks the the Pioneer DVR-310-S will suit my needs.

Please weight the following and give me your opinion:

1. I don't want to spend more than $400.

2. This one will cost me $292.50 shipped to my door after rebate.

3. My main purpose is to transfer TV shows from my Ultimate TV hard drive onto DVD re-writeable disks so that I can view them later and erase and re-use the disk.

4. I want to be able to watch the recorded disk on my 3 1/2 year old Toshiba DVD player.

Thanks

P.S. Does anyone own this recorder? Would you recommend it?

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I have a Toshiba SD-2109 dvd player and I recorded things with the Sony recorder and it won't work on my Toshiba. Someone on here said his JVC plays any type of disc he tried to play on it and it is under $100. However, every $100 adds up. I am trying to save as much as I can....

·
Registered
40 Posts
" This one will cost me $292.50 shipped to my door after rebate"

Care to give some details? I've done a quick google and froogle search with nothing even remotely close to that. Nex

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That low price was from abesofmaine.com.

Unfortunately, they aren't listed as an authorized dealer by Pioneer, so the $100 rebate may not be allowed.

Onecall.com is one of Pioneer's authorized dealers though. Buying through them would cost me $312.88 after applying the rebate.

Another very inexpensive option would be the Cyberhome DVD+RW Recorder CH-DVR 1500 from Walmart for $248.

Good Luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you can get the Pionner 310 for around $300...do it. I have had it for about 4-5 months now and I love it. I use it just the way you want to use it tvfriend12 and it really is perfect for my needs. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

w-

·
Registered
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BASHERS33
I have a Toshiba SD-2109 dvd player and I recorded things with the Sony recorder and it won't work on my Toshiba. Someone on here said his JVC plays any type of disc he tried to play on it and it is under $100. However, every $100 adds up. I am trying to save as much as I can....
I had a Toshiba 2109 which I sold to a friend when I couldn't play DVD-Rs made on my Mac on it.

I find that the 2109 won't play DVD-Rs but WILL play DVD+Rs.

I have a Philips DVDR75, you should be able to get it for under $400.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the 310 and it works well for me. I have burned DVD-R that will play on my Toshiba player which is at least three years old and also on the PS2. My problem is a DVD-RW will not play on my Toshiba or PS2. I have only tried Maxell DVD-RW so hopefully I will find a brand that works on other players. This is what I would like so I can dub and edit as required.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wmacson
Try the Sony-RW Fish18. I use it in my 310 and it works in everything I have put it in. XBOX, old Pionner DVD player, etc....
Thanks, I'll give it a shot!:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.