AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as I can I will post my analysis. Probably within the next two weeks.

FYI dealer costs is $663, so I've been told.

·
Registered
650 Posts
That's the Tivo unit isn't it? Useless up here in Canada if it is since we don't have Tivo. I'd like to see a comparison between the Panasonic E80/100 and the Pioneer 510H as these seem much more similar in most respects.

Doug O

·
Registered
600 Posts
Can you tell us where u ordered? and what price posted? quoted.

What about the 510?...thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can order from One Call. Price is determined by your order history from them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
This link has a feature comparison of Pioneer's new DVD recorders (DVR-57H, DVR-310-S, DVR-510H-S, DVR-810-H-S)

http://news.designtechnica.com/article1194.html

The combination of features across these 4 models seems strange to me. The 510 and 310 have Pioneer's video processor and the 57H and 810 have Faroudja's DCDi. Only the 510 and 310 have a firewire connector. The 57H and the 810 have Tivo service. So the ones with DCDi have Tivo in them but no firewire, which is too bad as it would be nice to have all three features.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Quote:
So the ones with DCDi have Tivo in them but no firewire, which is too bad as it would be nice to have all three features.
No big loss. The DV-Mpeg conversion via firewire on my 7k is pretty bad. I get a better picture using analog into the recorder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.