AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pioneer DVR-A05 (also known as 105) burner in my machine, but it refuses to burn to any media that I have tried. I have tried several brands of DVD-R and -RW, all with no luck.

I downloaded new firmware for the drive, but the install program always fails to 'acquire target', and quits. The pioneer firmware checker sees the drive, and says that the firmware is the 'most current', but doesn't say what version it is!!

The documentation recommends booting to DOS and running the firmware updater, but my machine has no floppy drive.

I have been using Sonic myDVD Pro to burn, and I always get an error when I try to burn.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
I've had a Pioneer 105 for a few months now & burned over 200 DVD-Rs, various brands.

I think either your A05 isn't installed properly or it's just a bad unit. When I installed my burner, I removed the master/slave pin from the back & made sure the IDE cable was inserted the right way. Then, I simply powered my PC back up. I have WinXP Home, which automatically recognized the burner & I was able to start using it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Burned a hundred DVD-Rs with mine using Maxell, Verbatim and Ritek media without any problems that I didn't cause myself. Better check your install. Also, don't burn to crappy discs (those under $1 wonders) as the Pioneer is a bit picky with crappy disks. Check at dvdrhelp for lists of what kinds of discs reliably burn with that burner. I love mine to death!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.