AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pioneer DVR-650H-K that I picked up at Future Shop in Canada. Everything is great except for one small glitch - the Pioneer's remote is changing channels and starting recordings on my Samsung SIR-S4120R DirecTV receiver with TiVo. I think that what I need to do is change the Pioneer's remote address but the manual doesn't give directions for this. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I can't seem to find the manual on the Pioneer Canada web site (really slow!!), but here is the relevant section from my DVR-640 manual.

If you are using more than one recorder in the same room, set them to different IDs. This setting sets the recorder ID; to change the remote controller ID, press

and hold RETURN then press 1, 2 or 3 to set. The remote will only control a recorder with the same ID.

Try this on your DVDR, maybe it will work.

BTW, did you have any trouble bringing your Canadian Pioneer DVDR into the US? Did you declare it at the border? What happened? Thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, your instructions were spot-on. If I had delved a bit deeper into the on-screen menu (Basic Setup > Options) I would've been able to find 'em myself!

No problems with U.S. Customs. I had done ample research online before travelling to British Columbia and had concluded that there were no restrictions. Just to be safe I also called CBP to verify that I hadn't overlooked anything. I bought 2 DVDRs and declared both and the Customs agent, outfitted with de rigeur mirrored sunglasses (natch!) and a Magnum P.I. moostache, said he'd let me go this time
. I was fully prepared to defend my import if necessary but did not need to. I also got a 3-year transferable Future Shop warranty for both units.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Thanks for the news about bringing in the Canadian DVDRs. It may come in handy some time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts