AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im running the conduit for my HT and I was thinking of using 2".

Is 2" large enough for all the connections between the Media Box and the Panel? Im going to be running two conduits so Im not concerned as much with total capacity but I want to make sure that the connectors will pass through.

Im going to be buying an 1130 next month and Im guessing the connections are going to be the same as the 1120 and 5050.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump to the top to see if I can get some help.

Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bumping this up just once to try and get some help.

Thanks

John

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Speculation at this point........But yes I think that there is no change in the number and type of connections.

Dave

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheridave
Speculation at this point........But yes I think that there is no change in the number and type of connections.

Dave
Im just trying to get someone (an 1120/5050 owner) to tell me the size of the connector on the end of the cable(s) between the Media Box and the Panel so I can size my conduit.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRose
Im just trying to get someone (an 1120/5050 owner) to tell me the size of the connector on the end of the cable(s) between the Media Box and the Panel so I can size my conduit.

Thanks

John
I am purchasing an 1130 next month, as well. I ran 1.5" conduit and tested it with a borrowed 1120 cable from a friend at BB. It was a little tight but both ends made it through. 2" should be fine. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Whoops, I miss read your post.

Dave

·
Registered
183 Posts
On my 1120, three cables go to the panel: a power cord, and two connectors between the media box and the panel. One connector is between 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 wide, and the other is a bit over an inch. I think that both should fit through a 2 inch conduit.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate all the help.

It looks like 2" is going to work.

Thanks again.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.