AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1140 now and I've had it repaired 3 times in less than nine months. Pioneer called me up today and they've decided to switch out my 1140 for a 1150.

I'm overall pretty happy about their decision but it wasn't without several phone calls, emails and some discussions.

I know this is a newer technology plasma so I ask if you think I'll see any difference in the tv's.

I know my 1140 was not a 1080p tv but it would accept and display the source in 1080i. Is the 1150 a 1080p tv?

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
It's not a 1080p display but it employs the new Kuro black levels. I think you will be thrilled with the upgrade. I know I would in your situation.

Can I ask what they have been repairing?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They replaced the rear video input card. There was some problem with one of the HDMI input.

The front composite video was not working.

The receiver for the input switching was malfunctioning and wouldn't go to the correct input when selected whether it was push on the remote or the front panel user buttons.

Now I don't think the problems I had was wide spread and was just rather isolated to my tv.

All of these problems were there since I bought the tv but it took me actually using and getting to know my tv to find the problems. I mean I rarely hook up a composite video but it should work non the less.

I thought the input switching wasn't a problem with the tv at first because I have a universal remote and thought that was possibly incompatibility with the tv until the service guy noticed it when he was here.

I'm pretty happy about the end result and will continue to support Pioneer and I have in the past but I did have to go thru some hoops to get it done. I really didn't even care to get the 1150 because I was completely satisified with the 1140, the 1150 is just a bonus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts