AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Pioneer Elite 151FD and cannot get my Dish Network VIP722 DVR remote to work any functions on the TV. I have to use the TV remote. And, the IR sensor on the TV seems weak and very direction sensitive.

Does anyone know how to cure the remote control problem?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Try to use the plasma remote. If this does not work get a universal MX350 and rf repeater if you need it and never have problems again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke to Dish Network and they "do not guarantee that their remote will work with all TV's."

I spoke to Pioneer and they have "heard" of compatibility issues with Dish Netowork remotes. They have had the same codes for years.

URC seems to be the only solution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi - I have a Pioneer 111FD and dishnetwork DVR (VIP722) and the remote does work with the TV. However, I have noticed that it is not as responsive as the pioneer remote - I have to be within 6-7 feet and within sight (very narrow angle) of the TV's IR sensor. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First, I fixed the problem with URC MX 450. Got it for $200 from Paradyme ($250 at Amazon.com)

Second, the Dish reciever is a much better reciever than the DirecTV reciever which is manufactured by Hughes, the same guy that ownes Hughesnet Internet service. It is CRAP!! When I had DirecTV and spent hours on the phone with the service techs, and had repairmen replace my DVR "5" times for the same problem. I heard from several installers that the DirecTV DVR's were very cheap. Now you can believe that you have a good system, but my experience with DirecTV was anything but good. And since I also have Hughesnet for my satelite internet connection, I can tell you that it is also a piece of crap. The commercials should be pulled for false advertising. It is not fast, 78Kbps to 140 Kbps average is NOT fast, with peak hours of 40Kbps to 60Kbps. Sure, there are times when I see 400+, but they are few. If cable ever gets to my area, I will switch.

Third, thank you to everyone that constuctive advise.

·
Registered
546 Posts
My dish remote works with my 151, I used code #637

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I have tried all the codes and for what ever reason, they would not work. I found that the MX 450 remote works like a charm and I don't even have to point at the TV's sensor any more. And, now I can control my Blu-ray DVD, Amp, 500 disk CD changer, and DishNet with it too. And there is room for 13 more units to control. Very programable and easy to use. I will buy a couple more. It's too bad that Pioneer used such an OLD technology for their remotes.

Do you have the VIP722 DVR or another unit? I have the VIP722 DVR and there is where the problem lies. My neighbors have a different unit and it works fine. I have two rooms on this DVR and did not want to switch to a second DVR. Now I hav3e to show my wife how to work the MX 450.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are right, 637 does work but in a very narrow field. I will install a RF repeater to boost the signal to the TV. I will also keep the MX 450 because it works everything and is very programable.

Again, thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.