AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanting to purchase a Pioneer Elite 36TX reciever and was wondering if it is possible to by pass the front left and right channel amp and use an external amp. I have a McIntosh MC2200 that I really like for music.

Thanks,

AWK99:confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
This receiver has preout for all channels, so yes, its possible to bypass the receiver´s amp. You can dl the receivers manual in the pioneer web-site

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Marcelo. I have the website and will read the manual. Do you own the Elite Series Pioneer?

AWK

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you buy the unit again? I have looked around at different units and listen to them but it is always in the store. I would love to bring a few different brands of reciever home and spend the day listening to each one. However, I haven't found a store (within my price range) that will do this. I have owned other Pioneer equipment and I have never been displeased so that is what I basing some of my decision on.

AWK

·
Registered
55 Posts
I heard a couple of denon (sound thin), yamahas (bright, lousy remotes, fixed crossover points), and I still prefer the pioneers (hey, my opinion ;) ). I´d love to get my hands in a new 47tx, but It´s hard to find elites down here at a reasonable price. If you have the means, go for the new elites, I heard great stuff about the new MACC system.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Pioneer Elite makes very good stuff. I got my sister the 35TX and am quite impressed with it. At least for a receiver. Good features, plenty of hookups, and pretty decent sound. Can't match the sound of separates, but then again no receiver can. So I would definitely recommend the Elite series. The only "drawback" that I can think of is the plastic face. Looks very nice but I'm used to aluminum faceplates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.