AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy a 50 inch Plasma and have narrowed the choice down to the Pioneer 1000 Pro 50 inch Elite and the new Panasonic 50 inch HD screen. Has anyone gone through the same decision making process that can help me with my choice? Any comments or insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard that the Elite is a much better screen than the 503CMX and that the Elite is only $1,000 more. Is that not true?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
eggplant, as you didn't fill in your "Location" in your profile, I'll ask... where are you located?

·
Registered
344 Posts
eggplant:

What you have heard is indeed NOT true. I'm betting that you heard this from the person who was trying to sell you the Elite Pro 1000.

You can buy the PDP 503CMX for between $5,300 to $5,700. That would put the comparable price of the Elite Pro 1000 between $6,300 to $6,700. I would be surprised if you could obtain an Elite Pro for that (but stranger things have happened). The shiny black Urishi bezel on the Elite is a $600 item. That's the main difference between the two units.

If you really like the Elite that much, buy it and be happy. I was just trying to give you a very cost effective, and equal alternative.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
eggplant, you should contact user "john doran" here via a PM (private message)... I notice you don't have that enabled on your user account... you should do that, too. John is in Toronto and just went through what you're going through and he can probably offer some insight and suggestions of local dealers to visit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.