AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I own a Pioneer Elite 510 and seem to be having a problem with HDTV. I recently installed the Dish 6000 so that I am able to view HD programming. While in HD mode (Dish 6000) My Elite displays all sources with an hourglass type wave on both sides. This is incredibly obvious when viewing non-HD sources while the Dish 6000 is in HD mode. Has anyone every heard of or experienced this issue. I am told that it is not a Dish 6000 problem but probably a known issue with the Elite HD ready displays. I have a technician coming this week. Thank GOD for the Elite 2 year warranty.

------------------

David

·
Registered
393 Posts
David,

Yes this was a problem with some of the earlier pioneer elite 510's and 610's. It's a relatively easy fix for a good technician. They should bring the parts with them and repair it right at your house.

Craig

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks. I am comforted by your response. I also seem to have a problem with blue "bleeding" through on the left edge of the display. It looks as if there is a small tear in the black/dark grey edge of the screen and blue is bleeding through. Is this issue connected to the hourglass issue?

------------------

David

[This message has been edited by dmk005 (edited 04-02-2001).]

·
Banned
410 Posts
I had the same problem with my Pioneer SD532HD5. Note the following link.

http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/usefu...ushioning.html

When I had my TV fixed I passed along the info from the link to the tech when I made the appointment. It made it a slam dunk for the him when he came out to do the fix.

It should make it easier for the tech if they are not sure about what to fix. I can tell you that the tech who came out to fix my TV was clueless and who knows what he would have done if I didn't have that information to show him.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.