Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Its time for me to upgrade my current receiver and I'm going to buy either the 55txi or the 59txi. 1st. ?...Do I really need to spend and additional 1800 or > on the 59txi? 2nd ?...If I buy the 59txi will there be an upgrade for HDMI? 3rd ? Can anyone send me a link to online websites for purchase.

thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just purchased the 55Txi and it should arrive in the next day or so. Ordered it from Josh here on AVS.

Im not sure what you want, but the 59 and the 55 are in two different spaces. Go to Pioneers website, it allows you to do a feature to feature comparison between the 59, 49 and 55. The 55 has firewire and usb connectivity, so the connection to a PC is a big plus for source material. You can save the $1800 build yourself an amazing HTPC :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
talo,

Please expound on your response....I really don't want to spend the additional monies on the 59txi if I don't have to. How does the USB help me?

thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you have a PC or maybe an iPod like device, you can use the USB connection to get access to the source material on those devices. This then will alllow you to play MP3s (or other source) thru the 55. Pretty cool if you have a ton of MP3 like I do. I do not have the 55 in my possesion, so Im sure there are some other benefits or features that I have yet to discover.

fyi-USB is stereo only

·
Registered
87 Posts
do a search on his name or docdvd (i think). he is a broker for gear. since you cant order elite's online without risk of warranty issues, he is able to facilitate securing gear from an authrize dealer in your name, then shipping it out to you. basically a middle man in the truest sense. anyway, he can get good prices on the 55. Expect about $100 more than the lowest e-tailer. it was worth the peace of mind for me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by talo Ordered it from Josh here on AVS.
I'm relatively new to this forum. What does this mean?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Josh is a person who is a member of the forum who is able to get equipment from authorized sources. I e-mailed him with what I wanted, he located it and gave me a price.

·
Registered
761 Posts
many many people have ordered from Josh and is a very nice guy to work with, everyone who's purchased through has nothing but great things to say about him and his service. I personally haven't but may in the future. go here http://www.docdvd.com/#Discount for a little more info.

Daniel Smith

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thx for all your help. Josh has given me a price but I also want a price on the 53tx for comparison. Can't seem to decide if I need, and want to pay for, those extras...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I think the i.Link is worth the difference in price, along with the vastly superior remote.

I've got an Elite 45TX, and would get a 55TXi if I were in the market for a new receiver. Pioneer is doing the right stuff, so to speak, with the Elite line.

Sorny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.