AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the 55TXi from Josh and a co-worker and I had some conversations around the USB connection for PCs. We both were curious how the USB connection could be used in a situation where your source DVD player or PVR was a HTPC. In this scenario, would this connection suffice to allow for the audio section to be sent over USB? Since the 55TX has rather limited digital inputs in the traditional sense ( 4 - 2D coax and 2tos), is it an option to use the usb connection in this manner? I would want to make sure that the full decoding (5.1, 6.1....) is taken advantage of.

My "guess" is this connection is more for playing MP3s or similar material but my co-worker thought it could do a lot more.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, read page 77 of the Euro AX5i and it says the USB supports two channel audio only.

"The USB port can only receive 2 channel

soundtracks. USB device controls on the computer (such as volume) may or may not work."

What a bummer. It seems the HTPC will need multiple connections into the 55TXi. I assume the 2 channel limitation is a function of the 55TX not the source PC. Anyway around this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.