Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm new to this forum but I've read a lot of the posts and believe this is where I can get an answer on my question.

I am interested in purchasing my new HT receiver. I have done a lot of research and have finally narrowed my list to three (see subject line). Before I make up my mind, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with the pros and cons of each.

I will drive Ascends 340lr & c and 170s as surround[just ordered them actually].

Thank you

Dmitry

·
Registered
230 Posts
Look for the thread that I started. Avaholic and a few others post up about differences and opinions of the 47TX (normally $2500 but just dropped to $1500 or less because discontinued) and the 55Txi. The main thing that I get from it is that the 55Txi has less power and is only THX Select instead of Ultra2 THX but it has the new I-Link connection and newer setup features (slightly better). The I-Link/firewire is for SACD and DVD-A which I don't use now but wouldn't mind being prepared for. I'm sure Avaholic will pop in with some details but you can save some time by looking for my thread. ;) Oh, the 55Txi can be had for about $500 less when it comes down to Tax and all. That is buying the 47TX from Tweeters near my house and getting the 55Txi over the net but both should have full Elite 2 year warranties.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.