AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My set has started having a Blue flash. It is a random problem. Some times ever 15 to 20 minutes. The picture sometimes will become slightly brighter and loose some contrast for a moment befor a blue flash at the bottom and sides of the screen. Has any one else seem this behavior. The set is two years old this week and had alot of use.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you haven't ever cleaned off the tubes inside, or really cleaned out the inside in general you probably need to do this, as with the high voltages present inside it's a dust magnet, this can cause arc (flash) overs.

-HDL

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Not sure if this is the case but:

When these sets *10 series first came out, there wer a few problems with them. There was something that was being addressed as a flash/tear problem. You can do search on "tear" and you will find many threads. And there was another bug also. Anyway, if your set has an older production date (2000 or earlier I believe) , you might want to call Pioneer and have the patches/fixes applied.

As soon as I bought mine, I had the service people come over and do it to my 510.

baimo

P.S.

check out this link http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/usefu...ear_flash.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.