AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I will be buying new speakers sometime this year. My room is 24'x15' with semi vaulted ceilings. i am using the Elite 94txh and am curious what speakers you all are using with this receiver and how happy you are.

I listen to a lot of concert DVDs at fairly loud volumes. I listen to probably 60% music, 15% movies and 25% Direct TV. My main concerns for sound would be music and movies

Thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
Just jumping in first to let you know that you need to provide a lot more information before any worthwhile recommendations can be made:

1) Budget...you could get recommendations from $60 Insignia bookshelves to $10,000 Focals with beryllium tweeters if you aren't more specific.

2) 5.1? 7.1? 2.1?

3) Type/tonality of sound? Do you prefer very forward, bright, crisp speakers, or do you like more neutral, "laid back" sound from your speakers? Do you have/want a particular emphasis on a specific range of sound (highs, mids, bass?)

4) Are there any size or aesthetic restrictions? Are you looking for bookshelf speakers, floorstanding speakers, in walls? Do you need speakers that are no larger than a certain size? Is there any sort of restriction on the external finish of the speakers to match decor or wife/significant other's demands?

Also you need to understand that nothing anyone says on here should be taken as absolute gospel until you get out and audition speakers for yourself. This is the best way to find out what speakers are best for you and your situation. Not trying to be negative, but just letting you know what information is typically needed for any recommendation process to get started.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My original question was asking about what OTHER people were using. So I was also looking to find out what the people on this forum that have this receiver were using in THEIR setups..

Thanks for the input though, I do understand there are many different variables to each persons situation.

Thanks for any input,

Corey

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am using RBH signature series, 661SE's across the front and 41SE for surrounds. I like them a lot, I think they are a VERY good value at their price point. They sound very good with the 94, lots of power. The 94 replaced a Denon 4306, I still have it but haven't done an A - B comparison. I might hook it up and do that soon, and do that just to get a good idea of the exact differences

·
Registered
863 Posts
I just posted about this in another thread, not to spam but this is what I wrote there..

7.1 system under $2k

Quote:
I have the SVS SCS-01M (modified centers as Left and Rights) with the SCS center and 4 SBS-01s as surrounds, I have the PB12nsd for my sub. This system is awesome in everyway. I have a 110" DIY laminate screen and an Epson HC 1080p projector and the speakers are exactly right sized for the large picture. I LOVE THEM IN EVERYWAY a man can love his speakers (WOW that sounds sick...
).

I have had numerous friends over that have extensive hobbies and careers in AV and their own home recording studios. They have done nothing but rave. The best comment from a pro was how well the center and conversation held up while lots of special effect sounds going off all around.

I don't think you could go wrong.

Mine are driven by the Pioneer Elite 94.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Orb Mod2 7.1 system. Mod4 center

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Thanks to bigrock66 helpful advice

All Paradigm

M'9s Mains

cc290 Centre

ADP190 Rears

Seismic 10 subwoofer

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
It doesn't really matter. Receiver doesn't have to match to speakers as long as the impedance is supported. I have the 91 and I used Onix Reference (1,100,.5) with it and it sounded great. My fronts are now DIY actives via an Emotiva amp. Very nice sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts