AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just irrevocably committed to purchasing a 43" Pioneer Elite. Like many, I am worried that my plasma might become obsolete upon adoption of an encryption standard.

According to Pioneer's website (quoting):

"The Replaceable Interface Board (RIB) feature gives you the option of exchanging the existing board with an interface board containing a Digital Video Interface (DVI) connection, providing you with an IEEE1394/FireWire capability. The RIB also allows you to take advantage of future digital applications beyond those currently on the market."

I am a complete novice in all matters HD and would like some help in determining whether this replaceable board appears to give me the chance to adapt to HDTC or whatever encryption standard is adopted.

·
Super Moderator
21,495 Posts
Good Morning and Welcome

the Pioneer Elite plasma that accepts the plug in board will address concerns about future copy protection (HDCP) :

you will have to buy a board from a third party vendor - these boards are not released yet but are promised "soon" we hope (currently we are expecting HDCP boards from Aurora and Key Digital)

do a search on this forum for a wealth of information on these topics

Mark:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.