AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got one of these in my place of work and overall it is a strong performer. We immediately noticed its audio superiority (relative to the BDP-05FD). This was HDMI however. We haven't hooked it up via the 7.1 analog outputs as Pioneer suggests is the best audio option. Stay tuned there....

On the video side of things, it's a little wait and see. Standard def DVDs looked phenomenal SO LONG AS you set the resolution to 1080p/24 (yes, it does this for standard def DVD AND blu-ray). At 1080p/60 there was pretty noticeable jaggies going on. We're looking into that. For blu-ray, the differences between it and the 05 were seemingly subtle, but as with DVD, color and depth seemed slightly but noticeably better. Again, this is in comparison to the BDP-05FD.

I should mention that the bulb in our projector is on its last legs, so we're not seeing it at its absolute best yet.

Anyone else had a chance to put this thing through its paces?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wallace /forum/post/15567588

I just got one of these in my place of work and overall it is a strong performer. We immediately noticed its audio superiority (relative to the BDP-05FD). This was HDMI however. We haven't hooked it up via the 7.1 analog outputs as Pioneer suggests is the best audio option. Stay tuned there....

On the video side of things, it's a little wait and see. Standard def DVDs looked phenomenal SO LONG AS you set the resolution to 1080p/24 (yes, it does this for standard def DVD AND blu-ray). At 1080p/60 there was pretty noticeable jaggies going on. We're looking into that. For blu-ray, the differences between it and the 05 were seemingly subtle, but as with DVD, color and depth seemed slightly but noticeably better. Again, this is in comparison to the BDP-05FD.

I should mention that the bulb in our projector is on its last legs, so we're not seeing it at its absolute best yet.

Anyone else had a chance to put this thing through its paces?

Scott, there is an existing thread here. LINK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.