AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the DV-47A and its great. I currently am using it on a 32 in Samsung HD. In the next week i will be using it on a 53 in pioneer. On the samsung i get streaking on quite a few objects, mostly on peoples faces. I dont think this would be the chroma bug. I was hoping for some hopeful input on what this could possibly be. I was also wanting to know what type of settings people are using for their player, ie sharpness, detail, yc delay and all of the other settings. One more question what chip does my player use. Thank you in advance for all the replies.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't know if this is related but the 47A definately has the chroma bug.

You might want to do a search in this forum on "47A". Apparently the 47A is using the same chip as the 37 and 38.

Do you get the streaking when you are not running progressive?

Flip

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i havent tried it on interlace yet. All of my stuff is packed up since i am moving to a new house next week and that is when i will have my 53 pioneer.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the streaking is quite evident on star wars PM, visible on many of the characters faces. I am thinking (hoping) that it might because the tv is a samsung. I figure you put a bad ass dvd player on a cheap tv there is bound to be a problem. That should not be the case when it gets connected to the Pioneer 53. I use high end monster cable, going to eventually upgrade the cable to M series, but i currenty use monster 3. By the way im not saying samsungs are horrible tv's but it is the least expensive direct view hd available. I live by the motto, you get what you paid for. That being said, one of the most important things i am hoping to find out is the manufacture of the chip used.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have the DV-47A in my bedroom system hooked to a Samsung 40 inch WS rear LCD projector and have watched about 12 movies or so and no problems noted.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HighEndWire
I have the DV-47A in my bedroom system hooked to a Samsung 40 inch WS rear LCD projector and have watched about 12 movies or so and no problems noted.
If I remember correctly, LCD displays re-digitize the signal so it can be displayed. I think this can also effect visibility of the chroma bug.

WB -

Can't say for sure without seeing it firsthand, but so far what your a saying does sound to me like the chroma bug.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I believe the Pioneer has the bug. It is not an issue for me. I did hook it up to a Sharp 9000 on a 110 inch Gray Hawk screen briefly at a store and could notice some problems on certain moving sky scenes in "Cast Away." I previous had several DVD players hooked to a Sharp 64 inch HD ready widescreen rear projection and it also was never an issue that would be a big deal. I watched 100s of movies on it and never noticed any significant problems. In many instances, the issue of the bug is way over blown as far as I can tell. I've owned 6 DVD players and currently have 2 of those left. When I get my Sharp 9000 Set-up with a 100 inch screen perhaps I will feel differently over time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.