AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. When I run MCACC it sets my front and rear speakers to large. How can I rerun the EQ analysis after manually setting my speakers to small? I remember a post that mentioned how this can be achieved, but I can't find it anymore.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may have mentioned it "several times in several threads", but others have argued differently. I saw the posts about two weeks ago. The manual does not say one way or another, so how do you know it's "automatic".

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
The manual and onscreen display tend to make you think you can redo the rest of MCACC after manually setting speakers to "small", but you can't.

The only thing affected is the auto eq setting in the 63hz band, and that only if you've set crossover higher than 63hz.

So with the crossover set at the most common 80 or 100 hz, the 63hz band isn't going to be sent to the regular speakers anyway, so you in effect already lost that part of the eq when you switched the speakers to Small.

I don't know whether this 63hz eq setting is transferred to the sub in some way or not. It seems unlikely since it is set differently for each of the regular speakers when you leave them at "large" so it would have to do some sort of averaging and then send it to the sub.

Basically you're only "losing" an eq band setting that you aren't going to be able to hear anyway if you have crossover set over 63hz and speakers set to small.

I was a bit disappointed at first that I couldn't get it to do the eq based on speakers set to small, but it makes sense in a way.

MCACC does set sub level automatically, and since the stuff below the crossover is difficult for the ear to localize, there's no real reason why the eq also needs to be applied in the sub.

The purpose of the eq part of MCACC is to match the sound of the regular speakers to compensate for placement and speaker response. With the speakers set to small they aren't going to be responding in the 63 hz range anyway.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You da man WS65711. You're the one that asked this question a few weeks ago. So help me out since you've already done this:

"Simply bring up the System Setup screen, go to #2 Surround Setup and choose the one part you want to do over. If your speaker distances are already set from a previous calibration and you want your speakers set to small, then go ahead and set them to small and just run #2 for Speaker Level if needed or #4 for the Acoustic Calibration. This will leave the settings such as speaker size in tact, and will calibrate the EQ with them as small."

I don't see the #4 Acoustic Calibration option, at least an automatic one. What am I missing?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I wrote those instruction for use with a 49TXi. On the 49TXi System Setup menu, there are 4 choices. Select #2 for Surround Setup. Now, on this screen, you should have the option to Check (Look at) all the different settings and 4 choices for the 4 different parts of the MCACC process.

1. Speaker Systems

2. Channel Level

3. Speaker Distance

4. Acoustic Cal EQ

Select #4 and your screen will show the manual options at the top such as Data Copy and the 2 Custom modes. Below that is the Auto option labeled All Adj & Front Align. Have your mic setup, press All Adj & Front Align and it will start recalibrating the just Equalizer settings without going through the first 3 parts of the MCACC process.

If you are running a 47TX, 45TX or maybe even the original 49TX, the options might be different. I hope that helps a little.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.