AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading many of the Pioneer threads specifically about the 710 and 720s I finally got a chance to see one of them in a proper environment. There's a high-end home theater store in my area with 25 rooms with various equipment set up. It's very nice.


Anyway, how often does Pioneer come out with a new model? I understand that the 720 just came out, but when did the 710 appear?


Thanks!


Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
Hi Rob -- The 710 has been out for about 2 years.

Coiuncidentally, I'm also in North Wales! What store are you mentioning? I'd love to visit it, as I am in the HD hunt and deciding between a pioneer elite 720, sony 65xbr2, or a zenith.....


Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by schlitzie
Hi Rob -- The 710 has been out for about 2 years.

Coiuncidentally, I'm also in North Wales! What store are you mentioning? I'd love to visit it, as I am in the HD hunt and deciding between a pioneer elite 720, sony 65xbr2, or a zenith.....


Thanks!
Another North Wales person! Cool!


I tricked my wife into going to Soundex in Willow Grove. It's at the corner of Easton and Fitzwatertown Roads. If you've never been there, it's a great store. I'm mostly browsing now for a move to our new house in June, but it's always fun going into that store. Currently, they're trying to move their 710s. The salesman I was speaking with quoted $6300 without me even asking. I doubt the 720s are going to be the same price, but you may want to try. I know they have the 720s in stock and are waiting to move the 710 out before putting one on display.


The only other place around is Tweeter at Montgomery Mall. They also have the 710s for $6300 and the 720 are in stock. I didn't get a price.

www.soundpros.com has the 720s for $5900 (I think). I don't know how I feal about purchasing something this big from them, but others here have said good things about them.


Good luck with your decision! I wish I were ready to buy. We'd probably get a good deal for two!



Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
555 Posts
I have a 13 month old 610 that was calibrated a few months ago by Gary Merson that I probably will sell. I am not sure I can part with it, but I am getting a front projector and it would be silly to have the 610 in my dining room although I am thinking about it. I have an extended warranty on it. I think there are almost 4 years left on the warranty. If you are interested you can send me an email.


Good Luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
yep - been to soundex - but turned off by the cheesy salesguy I spoke to ... though they did have the xbr2's and the 720 near each other for comparisons sake.


I also talked to a guy at Overture in Wilmington Delaware -- they are an authorized dealer and will deliver a 720 to north Wales for $6650, no tax. I didn't try to negotiate, either, as I am not ready just yet, but getting close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
555 Posts
I bought most of the audio portion of my home theatre from Overture. They have a nice selection of stuff and were pretty helpful. I feel like I got a pretty good deal as well. (My 610 was bought elsewhere) No tax is a big plus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by schlitzie
yep - been to soundex - but turned off by the cheesy salesguy I spoke to ... though they did have the xbr2's and the 720 near each other for comparisons sake.


I also talked to a guy at Overture in Wilmington Delaware -- they are an authorized dealer and will deliver a 720 to north Wales for $6650, no tax. I didn't try to negotiate, either, as I am not ready just yet, but getting close.
LOL! Yeah, the kid that helped me out was the same way! Very annoying! When I purchased my current setup there a few years ago, the sales person I had was fantastic. I'll have to look his name up and see if he's still there.


Great information about Overture. I've never heard of them, but when I'm ready to buy, I'll have to checkk them out. No tax is a big plus!



Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
Quote:
www.soundpros.com has the 720s for $5900 (I think). I don't know how I feal about purchasing something this big from them, but others here have said good things about them.
Yes that is true about their price. It's on their website. But with sales tax,

it comes to $6357 in California, NOT including the shipping charges. (I'm in

Los Angeles and they're in San Diego.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
Everything is negotiable, more so now given the economic climate of the country.


From my research, Tweeter pays about 5k for a 720.


(I think that 6K is a fair price - call me crazy, but a 20 % profit on a high ticket item like this is not bad ....)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by schlitzie
Everything is negotiable, more so now given the economic climate of the country.


From my research, Tweeter pays about 5k for a 720.


(I think that 6K is a fair price - call me crazy, but a 20 % profit on a high ticket item like this is not bad ....)
I agree about $6K being a fair price, but will the people at Tweeter? :D Especially when they're selling the 710 for $6,300. Good luck!


I've got some time before my purchase. My wife has put down her foot (rightfully so!) about not purchasing saomething until we move. But 7 months is soooo long to wait for this new toy!


Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
They price match, and while internet prices are not officially looked at, it is hard for them to ignore the glaring price differences. If I decide on the 720 I will probably wait and see what happens with the rumored national sales tax amnesty period that may get rolled out around Christmas.


Plus, it never hurts to ask.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
903 Posts
I bought a new 520HD from Tweeter for $5400. They were selling the 510 for $4,995. before the 520 arrived.


Hugh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
Thanks for all the information on prices. Has anyone bought a Pioneer Elite online?


Also, I've heard the screen glare can be annoying on Pioneers. Has anyone noticed a glare problem, or tried removing and/or rearranging the screen?


Also, one last question.... I know the Pioneer Elite looks good when it's turned on.... but I'm wondering how cool it looks when it's off. I'd imagine it looks something like a mirror. How do you like how it looks in home theater room when it's powered down?
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top