AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
There is no better than Fujitsu. Their AVM II processor has no competition. They are also offering a rebate if you buy by the end of the month. $500 back on $42" and $1000 off of 50". Now have a 3 year warranty.

Take the plunge with Fujitsu.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Pioneer tends to have the more vivid picture, but Fujitsu tends to have the more realistic picture - for that reason, the Pioneer typically appears better in the showroom, but be sure to look at the Fujitsu closely.

I prefer the Pioneer - I like that "more real than reality" look. The Fujitsu's AVMII processor is better, especially with low-res material, but I still prefer the Pioneer overall.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Pioneer may have a more "vivid" picture and might seem more contrasty than the Fujitsu at first glance. However, after spending many hours looking at both displays, there's no question in my mind that the Fujitsu shows more detail than the Pioneer. The Fujitsu also has a lower black level than the Pioneer by a small, but noticable margin. The Pioneer's picture also showed a bit more noise. However, the Pioneer does seem to show less false contouring or banding. I went with the Fujitsu, but both are nice panels.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have very closely compared the current Pioneer Elite 50 and the Fujitsu 50 in a high end showroom twice. The panels were in separate rooms, but looked like the 2 nicest panels they had, granted they had no panasonics.

The blacks are better on the Fujitsu, but the new generation of Pionners , like the 4060 series I believe, have fixed the black issue FINALLY.

Having said that, I have always been nervous around Fujitsu and Hitachi screens due to the fact that I read in some of the ALIS technology at some point, its only working with 50% of the pixels. That to me would suggest a possible loss of tiny but noticeable amount of detail. I would liken it to interlacing verses progressive a little bit, but there is probably a much better analogy.

I have spent about 30 hours in the last 3 weeks looking at panels in custom showrooms, Best Buy, Circuit City and a Hi Fi Buys and Best Buy Magnolia as well.

My personal opinon is that the Panasonic wins easily for me. But more to this thread, if the choice is between the Fujitsu and the Pioneer, the Pioneer wins hands down. I like a realisitic display but I won't want weak colors either.

The Pioneer has such great, beautiful color representation its breathtaking at times.

To those who says its vivid, implying its a bit stronger than the real image, the solution is simple, dial the settings down a bit.

I own Pioneer now, the construction on these panels is absolutely first class all the way.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmramos
However, after spending many hours looking at both displays, there's no question in my mind that the Fujitsu shows more detail . . .
My experience as well. Saw my first Fujis in a Magnolia about a month ago. Initial impression was "What's so special?"

But then I stood in front of all the panels on display. And stood. And stood.

After who knows how long, I totally changed my mind. The Fuji had the most realistic picture of all those big guns. Still too rich for my wallet, but it was noticeably the best panel on display.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZtop
I have very closely compared the current Pioneer Elite 50 and the Fujitsu 50 in a high end showroom twice. The panels were in separate rooms, but looked like the 2 nicest panels they had, granted they had no panasonics.

I have always been nervous around Fujitsu and Hitachi screens due to the fact that I read in some of the ALIS technology at some point, its only working with 50% of the pixels.
The Fujitsu 50" panel is not an ALiS panel (made by Hitachi), but is a Panasonic panel.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdavis21484
Pioneer tends to have the more vivid picture, but Fujitsu tends to have the more realistic picture - for that reason, the Pioneer typically appears better in the showroom, but be sure to look at the Fujitsu closely.

I prefer the Pioneer - I like that "more real than reality" look. The Fujitsu's AVMII processor is better, especially with low-res material, but I still prefer the Pioneer overall.
Well put :).

Worldcat- go with what your eyes tell you!

On Picture quality my rating is Fujitsu,closely followed by Pio Elite/Panasonic.

With $$/value well, Pana is my first choice :)

Cheers,

Kishore

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fujitsu Panels as shipped from the factory are the closest I have seen to true Calibration.

Ever notice that when you walk though a store with an extensive wall of video displays that all of the pictures look different?

Most manufacturers have a default factory setting designed to make it stand out on a showroom floor. Unfortunately this technique often works, people compare sets without really knowing what they are looking at. Technically speaking a display should not add any charactaristics to display content it should (in a perfect world) show content in the exact way it was meant to be presented. One way to control this is to calibrate your video display (which when professionally done will cost about $500).

Fujitsu's out of the box settings are as close to perfect as you can get. Personally I think this is a testament to their manufacturing standards and their commitment to putting out a quality product. Not to mention the fact that they have a 3 year Full manufacturers warrantee on their panels. Hmmm, 3 years, I bet they are pretty confident that they wont have many failures.

Lets face it as with most things in life you get what you pay for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.