AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy the 60" Elite or non Elite...Is the Elite that much better and worth the $?

Thanks in advnace!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
The big difference, to me, of the Elites (and Signatures too), is that they have more accurate color points and better overall adjustability and accuracy and have Pure Mode. ISFccc Day and Night are a factor too if you are going to calibrate the set. Worth the difference? I thought so. YMMV.

The other feature differences were of minor importance to me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't own either, but I owned a 5060 for years.

It appears to me that on the 6020 all modes except Movie (i think it was; was looking at BB the other day) may have too much default noise reduction and/or edge enhancement for my tastes. I also believe I recall reading that CTI is on in all modes except Movie. I left CTI turned off on my 5060 because it caused a sort of flicker, as I can best describe it. The CTI user control doesn't exist on the 6020. The effect was evident on scenes like a Charlie Rose interview show where Charlie and his guest would sit at a well-lit table in a darkened setting. When the camera changed subjects from Charlie to his guest, or vice versa, the picture would flicker.

Someone else may correct my correlations since my observations were brief, in the case of viewing the 6020 at BB, and impressions from 3 years ago, in the case of the 5060 and CTI. Perhaps CTI has improved in the newer models.

I believe some reports indicate the Elite does better with standard def, too. My 5060 did standard def very well.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
elite is worth it if you are the type who will get into calibarations, service meanuals, color temps, rgb adjustments etc. on the other hand, if you are like me or mist users who adjust thepic bit using user options and start enjoying the awesome pq, you don'e need the elite.

btw, i think elites come with an extra year of warranty too (check)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTIV /forum/post/15483793

Looking to buy the 60" Elite or non Elite...Is the Elite that much better and worth the $?

Thanks in advnace!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts