AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this unit basically the same? besides the warranty and look of the frame? are the electronics the same as the 433 with the 5002 card? pq wise the problem i have is that i have seen the pro800 on display and it looked great.. but no one has a 433 on display for me to look into. i just want to make sure i am buying the same product basically thanks

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Pro 800 HD = 433cmx + glossy frame - 1 "extra" year of warranty + a video card (basically a PDA-5002 without the PC-only DVI connection...).

I saw lots of 4330s, with their Sharp-provided media receivers, but it wasn't until I saw the Pro 800/1000s at the same store as the 4330/5030s that I decide to "pull the trigger" on the 433cmx.

I am still VERY happy with that decision.

-- Gary

·
Registered
772 Posts
Quote:
but it wasn't until I saw the Pro 800/1000s at the same store as the 4330/5030s that I decide to "pull the trigger"
how much better did the pro800/1000s look? less 'noise' than the 4330/5030s?

MMAfia

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
IMO, the picture on the 4330/5030s looked a bit "washed out" in comparison, no matter how much I played with the controls. The 800 and the 1000 both gave more of a "looking through a window" effect. The colors seemed to jump out at you.

-- Gary

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm an SOOOO close to pulling the trigger based on your review of the unit , not i just wonder how it would look with a regular satellite signal going to it at 480i? does it automatically boost the signal to a better one or does it handle the job good with just that.. is it grainy and dull looking with a weak signal? I'm really close to calling dell and Gary can you look at the cable post from last night tell me if i have the right idea? thanks so much for you help :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.