AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried viewing the Pioneer Elite RPTV without the protective screen?? I have a reflection issue to deal with--so I'm considering taking it off. Does the picture improve?? No small children to worry about scratching the screen. Comments please--Thanks.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I have heard various things about this and that being different with and without the screen, but I think the main difference is that it keeps the cat from jumping through and scratching out the CRTs -- you know, if there is something particularly offensive on...to cats, that is. :)

I have my shield on due to small children. Small handprints come of fine and cause me less aggravation than thinking that they are touching the actual screen (!!!)

·
Registered
35 Posts
We do not use the protective screen. But when we had the technician out for a cleanup/tuneup I asked him about it.

He claims that the protective screen is worth somewhere around $100, while the plastic lens it protects is worth $400 to $500 bucks. So, if a cat or kid scratches the visible surface, how much do you want to spend to fix it?!

I personally cannot stand the glare from the protective shield, and have no kids or cats (with claws), so my protective screen is NIB!

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP!!!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
hhord2,

Unfortunately, I waited a year to take mine off. What a difference!!!

Anybody want a $100 piece of plastic??

Good luck with your Pioneer. I really like mine.

Have a great HDTV Day,

------------------

Fred

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies--this is a great forum!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.