AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate comments from any Pioneer Elite or other HD RPTV owners. I recently viewed an Elite 510HD and noticed that when my eyes moved from one area of the screen to another, bright white objects appeared to have momentary green flashes or "fringing" very similar to those of single chip DLP systems (oddly, no red or blue fringing here, only green.) This was extremely annoying and not something I expected from a $6K unit. Is this normal? Maybe a convergence or tube issue? Say it ain't so...

I originally posted in CRT, but no replies. See the following link for that post:

http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/006876.html

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I don't see that with my 610...perhaps the convergence is off. You might want to check it if you see this again....

------------------

Geof

·
Registered
830 Posts
I notice people on this thread have suggested a convergence problem. I don't think so, since convergence errors show up as blue or red fringing, not green.

I'll add that I haven't see this problem on my 610.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
No problems on my Pioneer SD582! Did you view this HDTV at a store or a friend's house. If at a store it most definetly is a matter of not being calibrated at all! If it's at a friend's house it to could be not calibration at all as well. If at a friend's house bring over a AVIA or VE DVD and calibrate it and I'll bet you don't see it anymore. One problem I see a lot of Pioneer owner's cause themselves is they fail to realize that you have to do the 72 point convergence on all the zoom modes (Full, Full-HD, Natural Wide, Cinema Wide, & Zoom) The Full-HD can only be done if the TV is being fed a HD signal. Also it could just be that the TV you saw was defective!

------------------

------------------
My DVD/LD List My Equipment List

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I was about to reply but decided to check your original thread. But I noticed there was an answer there that is almost identical to what I was going to say. Check it out.

The only time I have ever noticed this on my Elite 610 is with a very dark sceen in a darkened room. For example, Titanic when people are floating around in the water after the sinking.

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP; Boycott JVC

·
Registered
31 Posts
It sounds like the convergence is pretty far off, and easy to fix with the remote control.

Just because it's an Elite, doesn't mean it doesn't need TLC. Like any RPTV, convergence is an issue, especially in the first few weeks of ownership.

Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.