AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at both receivers and would like to select the one which is better in:

1. Playing stereo music

2. Video processing to clean up Comcast standard def cable

3. Upconverting 480p signal

3. Runs cool (will be stored in a cabinet)

4. Multi-zone use to allow watching TV in one room and listening to music in another

Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
35 Posts
me too on all 4 questions.

#4 being the most important to me

I want to run 5.1 in one room and 4 speakers in another room with an additional sub.

Then I want to have football on in the 5.1 room and music on in the 4 speakers + addtl Sub room from a separate source..

Is this possible with the 1008? Or am I looking at external amp w/ multiple sources either way? I don't need a ton of wats, b/c I will be low volume listening in the 4 speakers + sub room.

I am going to DIY in a new house with the exception of in-wall and ceiling speaker installation (where I will get a pro to help)...

But hitting a wall on intel of AV receiver vs external multi-source amp.

Thanks experts.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateplicki /forum/post/19544091

I am looking at both receivers and would like to select the one which is better in:

1. Playing stereo music

4. Multi-zone use to allow watching TV in one room and listening to music in another

1. Both play stereo music.

2. You cannot polish a turd.

3. See above.

3. Pioneer's class D amps run much cooler, especially in comparison to Onkyo's notoriously hot running amps.

4. Both can play two channel audio in an additional zone.

AJ

·
Registered
22,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateplicki /forum/post/19544091

1. Playing stereo music

Any help appreciated!

1) likely the units are indistinguishable when run flat. "reviews" to the contrary should be taken with a grain of salt unless a blind test was involved (i.e. "comparing" them back to back, etc. really doesn't have a lot of validity)...

2) nothing will help this. gigo.

3) most everything out there will do that.

4) the sc is likely to run a bit cooler due to the amplifier design. that being said, there will be heat generated by both of them

5) multizone (with the usual limitations of no digital sources) should be accomplishable with both...

@sportsfan... 4 speakers + sub isn't going to really be possible (i'm assuming you mean a 4.1 setup)... the better option would just be another avr in the other room...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan14 /forum/post/19553539

Then I want to have football on in the 5.1 room and music on in the 4 speakers + addtl Sub room from a separate source..

Is this possible with the 1008? Or am I looking at external amp w/ multiple sources either way? I don't need a ton of wats, b/c I will be low volume listening in the 4 speakers + sub room.

Not possible. W/ additional zones, you are limited to two channel audio. You need another AVR in the other room if you want to run a 4.1 channel system in that room.

AJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.