AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First, Rogers HD cable box is connected to the HDMI 1 input of Pioneer SC-37, Blue Ray to BD input etc. on my SC-37. But nothing is connect to TV/SAT input. The problem is that everytime I turn on my Pioneer SC-37 it automatically switches to TV/SAT input. I have to manually scroll back to HDMI 1 to watch TV. I did not have to do this before. I must have changed some setup without knowing it. However, I reset the unit to factory default but it still acts the same way. The Pioneer Canada support guy did not help either. He refers everything to the manual. How can I set the default input to HDMI 1 or the last input before the unit is turn off?

Second, I used to connect my SC-37 to Sony HD TV and the on/off on the TV remote also turns on/off my SC-37. Now, with the Samsung TV when I press the power button on the Samsung TV remote, the Pioneer SC-37 stays off. I have to turn on the unit with its own remote. However, when I turn off Samsung TV with Samsung remote it also turn off the Pioneer SC-37. Is the HDMI cable to blame here?

The HDMI output of the Pioneer SC-37 is connected to HDMI 2 on the Samsung TV.

Thank you for your time and advise.

Will V.

·
Premium Member
92,611 Posts
^^

It's reacting this way because you have HDMI-CEC (Anynet+) on the TV enabled as well as HDMI Control on the SC-37, so the SC-37 thinks you want to use the ARC (audio return channel) on the TV and send audio back to the SC-37 .... it's common with all brands. Either turn off Anynet+ or HDMI Control if not using the ARC feature or simply connect an optical cable from the TV to the SC-37.

Also note, that Sammy TV's don't always play nice with non Sammy devices and as a result the HDMI-CEC features don't always turn the non Sammy device back ON again. You may find using a Harmony remote to control your devices much easier to serve your purposes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts