AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to choose between these 2 receivers, mostly debating myself on the merits of the ice amps compared to the integra's, I have heard a couple of ice amps (rotel and wired ) and have not been impressed, but my dealer is saying that pioneer's ice amps are better, looking for opinions on this, my dealer has not received the elite sc 57 yet, so I can't audition, thanks

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
I thought Pioneer dropped the ICE amps...(anyway, somebody on these forums said they did...)

I'd take the Integra. If Pioneer did indeed drop the ICE amps...they are a brand going downhill in search of a cliff.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20810505

I thought Pioneer dropped the ICE amps...(anyway, somebody on these forums said they did...)

I'd take the Integra. If Pioneer did indeed drop the ICE amps...they are a brand going downhill in search of a cliff.

Or, for a counterpoint from someone who has a much better informed opinion (because he has had the Onkyo NR5008, Pioneer SC-37, Anthem MRX 700, et al., in house recently and, oh, happens to work as a re recording mixer at Todd-AO), read this about Pioneer's new DirectFET class D amps:

"...based on my 2 days listening, I do think these amps are something special... dare I say one of the more refined, and smooth... the Onkyo 5008 was effortless, but I think these feel as powerful, without the high end tilt... really great... it's been a while since I owned my other SC's, but I think all of the speculation about the move away from ICE/B&O will be quashed by anyone who hears these... and I am sure they will test as advertised."

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post20801078

AJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.