Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about Pioneer Elites and dvd players. Specifically the 610

First, it has a 15 pin input for HD receiver. Am I correct that this is a RGB connection? Can you use this input for any dvd player with a rgb/vga out?

Second. From what I have been told, when you use a progressive player with this set, the set puts it in a certain mode. Now assuming you know what I mean, is the internal scaler playing with the progessive signal, or is it leaving it alone. and most importantly, is their a way to bypass the internal scaler. My thought would be that since the internal scaler doesnt deal witht a 1080i signal, any signal that the set recognizes as 1080i would be left alone. Assuming this is correct, would the 610 treat a 540p signal the same. Could we use the 15pin input to bypass the scaler assuming the tv thinks its a 1080i signal

Basically, what I want to know is, can people use high end dvd players like the Movi and not be restricted by the internal scaler and how would be go around doing this

I would appreciate any help possible

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Daniel,

I don't have all the answers to your questions, but I do know that the Elite 610 will lock into full mode when feed a progressive signal from a dvd player. This is fine until you try to play a non-anamaphoric dvd. The solution is to either turn the dvd player progressive output off, which should then allow you to choose on of the Elites strech modes. The other option is to use a dvd player such as the panasonic RP91, which does it's own internal scaling of non-anamaphoric dvds. The result is that you can still output a progressive signal from the player, keep the tv in full mode, and the 91 will scale the image to it's correct aspect ratio. The newer 20 and 30 series Elites do not lock into full mode with a progressive signal.

I'm not sure of the answers to your other questions but I hope this helps out some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.