AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I currently have the marantz sr-7000. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Pioneer elite 54TX or a 45TX used, are these a step up in sound quailty or am I moving sideways in quailty. Thank you for your help :)

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
The only real way to answer your question is to see if you could try an Elite in your environment - with your electronics, listening area and speakers. With that aside, let's dig deeper.

Are you more of a music person, or a movie person?

From my experience, the Pioneer Elite receivers do great with movies. If that would be your intended use, then you should be fine. However, it is not the most musicial receiver. In fact, your Marantz might do a better job with music. However, comparing them directly in your home would really be the best option.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have an SR-7400 and love it, but from what I have read on these boards, if you aren't looking at going to the TXi elite models then you would be well served to look at the regular Pioneer 1014/1015s as they should be almost identical to the 54TX at a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
The 52TX may be a little closer to the entry level pioneer units but not the 54TX, its in a different league of performance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.