AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I could not locate an official Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH thread and I'm not even sure if my problem is receiver specific; therefore I have started a new thread. Please feel free to move to the appropriate section if a new thread is not warranted.

My Setup:

DirecTV satellite receiver connected to my Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH receiver via HDMI. I then have my out HDMI from the receiver going to my 50" Panasonic TC-P50U1 (soon to be the 65V10). My DirecTV box is set to output the native resolution.

My Problem:

Whenever I turn on all of my equipment or switch from say Blue Ray to TV/Sat, I receive audio immediately; however, it takes almost 30 seconds for any video to display on the TV. Oddly, when this occurs, the TV displays the "HDMI" input on the screen but otherwise it is black.

If I connect the TV directly to the Satellite receiver via HDMI, I receive picture immediately which leads me to believe the issue is in the receiver or some setting or something...

Any and all help would be very much appreciated as I am completely stumped and its quite a nuisance!

Best regards,

Derek

·
Registered
85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfect10 /forum/post/17038691

Hello Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I could not locate an official Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH thread and I'm not even sure if my problem is receiver specific; therefore I have started a new thread. Please feel free to move to the appropriate section if a new thread is not warranted.

My Setup:

DirecTV satellite receiver connected to my Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH receiver via HDMI. I then have my out HDMI from the receiver going to my 50" Panasonic TC-P50U1 (soon to be the 65V10). My DirecTV box is set to output the native resolution.

My Problem:

Whenever I turn on all of my equipment or switch from say Blue Ray to TV/Sat, I receive audio immediately; however, it takes almost 30 seconds for any video to display on the TV. Oddly, when this occurs, the TV displays the "HDMI" input on the screen but otherwise it is black.

If I connect the TV directly to the Satellite receiver via HDMI, I receive picture immediately which leads me to believe the issue is in the receiver or some setting or something...

Any and all help would be very much appreciated as I am completely stumped and its quite a nuisance!

Best regards,

Derek

I have an almost identical setup, my panasonic is the older 50pz700, and it does exactly the same thing. It isn't defective just slower to handshake and change resoloutions than one would like. I find it nothing more than a minor anoyance.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcalkin /forum/post/17092012

I have an almost identical setup, my panasonic is the older 50pz700, and it does exactly the same thing. It isn't defective just slower to handshake and change resoloutions than one would like. I find it nothing more than a minor anoyance.

That's very surprising (must be a 'Panny thing'), as my Sharp 46" LCD accomplishes the HDMI handshake with the receiver in no more than 5 seconds (and I thought that was a long time)!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.