AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching a movie perfectly fine on Friday(1/10), next morning, I am receiving an error from my Samsung PN58C8000 "No Signal, Check connected device's power, cable connection, and source selection." I did not touch the TV nor the wires on the receiver to cause this issue. I have also tried using my Playstation 3 HDMI cable to see if it was the wire issue. It was not. I am able to use the apps on my TV to watch a movie, however the sound is coming from the TV not the Receiver.

What could be the issue? Could it be the "Video Out" USB port(receiver to TV) that is broken? My playstation 3 works in the HDMI 2 port going straight into the PS3.

·
Premium Member
7,713 Posts
Have you tried all the HDMI ports on the receiver? When you say you changed the HDMI cable are you referring to the connection from the receiver to the HDTV (ARC)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure I understand. When I meant when I said I changed the cable, I mean I used the HDMI cable that came with my Playstation to connect from Receiver to TV to see if it was just the HDMI cable that I was using that was the issue, but it wasnt. My Playstation 3 is connected from the receiver to the console in the receiver's HDMI 2 port and it works. I havent tested the other 3 HDMI ports. Is there another way to have simulate the connection I originally had without using the "Out" port?

Currently my set up is, Cable box to the Receiver "In" Port, TV to the Receiver "Out" port.

Last night I bypassed the receiver and had the HDMI from the Cable directly to the TV just to have something to watch.

Since the other scenarios were working, i.e. PS3, and TV, I'm under the impression it could specifically be the Out port that is faulty? Am I correct? Any recommendations on where to go or what to do to have this fixed?

Appreciate the Help

·
Premium Member
7,713 Posts
Ok, that clarifies the situation more than your first post. It does sound like you have a problem with the Monitor Out (ARC) port. Is the receiver still under warranty? It may be time to contact Pioneer support.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts