AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pioneer VSX-52 and I have two outdoor speakers connected to my zone 2. I'm able to hear sound out of the speakers, but I have to turn the volume up about 75% of max to hear the volume.

Any suggestions on what to check? I've even performed a master reset and the volume is still low on the speakers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never found the issue. I called Pioneer and they thought there was something wrong with the amp. I took it to an authorized dealer and they connected the same speakers to the front channel and then moved them to zone 2. The sound appeared to be the same level at both connections. I brought the receiver home and then began to second guess that I really had an issue. My next test will be to move my zone 2 speakers into the house and connect them to zone 2 and then to the front channel so I'm not running back and forth. If there really is a problem not sure what else to do because Pioneer won't repair the receiver at their facility and I don't have any more authorized dealers near me.

What's you issue on the vsx-60?

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
Why not connect temporarily the L/R surround loudspeakers to the Zone II amplifier outputs..

That will confirm yes/no that the Pioneer is OK..

Just my $0.02... 👍😉

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interesting.....

I Had questions for Pioneer regarding my zone two volume when I used it to connect to a Two Chanel amp I just received and have not heard back from them yet. However, I have my B channel hooked up outside by my hot tub and noticed that while the speakers I have outside are supposed to be really good, they sounded a bit flat, and all the bass and treble adjustments I made didnt seem to have any impact. Here was Pioneers response regarding chanel B.

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

Speaker B does not have any adjustments other than volume.

Sincerely,

Luana

Customer Service Representative

_Insert Price is right Buh,Buh,Buh, Boooooohhh.......decrescendo.....

So that majorly sucks..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts